At Everee we are committed to changing the way payroll works – improving the experience for employers and their employees. We have disrupted the slow and inefficient way payroll has been done for decades by the old school payroll companies and have built modern software making payroll easy and have introduced innovative ways for employees to get paid on a schedule that works for them.
Everee’s Tax Managers have the opportunity to align operations with finance and be part of building and streamlining processes. Your contribution will be meaningful to both teams and the work you do will propel you to significant future opportunities in our fast-growing company.
Who you are committed to being
- You are accountable for your work
- You are a self-starter who is excited to dive into the work and drive results for the team
- You are driven and motivated to develop your career in operations or finance
- You are organized and committed to excellence
- You are motivated to make life better for all our customers and their employees
What you’ll own
- Overseeing transactional data and reports generated by our system and ensure proper recording of withholding payments into the Federal, State, and Local withholding portals
- Reconciling payment data from our system with records in the company’s accounting system
- Establishing tax remitting portals in new territories our sales team penetrate
- Preparing and filing Federal and State Quarterly and Annual returns for our customers
- Creating reports and generating filing confirmations and making them available to our customers in our app
- Interfacing with our Customer Success Team and assisting them in the process of on-boarding new customers and answering tax related questions
- Leading in developing expertise in all payroll tax matters
- Conducting research for state and local taxes to assist our Engineering Team
- Operational or Finance projects as directed by the company’s Chief Operating Officer
Experience you’ll need
- At least 3 years of tax or payroll tax work with a proven track record researching and resolving tax matters with successful outcomes
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level decision makers required, both verbal and written.
- Problem solving and process building skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful follow-through on significant projects
- Have a enjoy work / enjoy life mentality and thrive on building a positive team culture in a start-up environment