Last Updated September 22, 2018
- Because privacy and security go hand-in-hand, we have implemented industry standard administrative, technical and physical security safeguards designed to protect your and your employees’ information.
The amount of information we collect depends on how you use the Service. When you access our Website or use our Software Platform we collect and store certain information about you. This information can be used on its own, or in combination with other information to identify you individually, otherwise known as “personal information”. We need personal information about you, your employees, and their dependents as applicable to provide use of our Service. Your providing the information to us constitutes your consent to our use and process this information. Additionally, because we provide a wide range of HR and Payroll features, we may collect information about you from your employer, rather than directly from you.
More specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Account Information: Your email address and password (your login credentials), and other information necessary to set up your account on the Service, which will depend on the features you use or your employer chooses to use.
- Personal Identity information: Your name, physical address, Social Security Number/tax identification number, phone number, and other identifiers used to manage and track human resources processes and payroll.
- Demographic information: If you voluntarily submit information regarding your race in response to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission questionnaires to your employer.
- Dependent information: Names and identifiers for members of your family or others (i.e., dependents) that you have chosen to cover with your employer provided benefit plans.
- Bank account information: We need bank account and routing numbers to provide payroll services.
- Information from Third-Party Sites and Services: If you use our Software Platform to manage third party services that we integrate with, we may have access to your information on such third-party services.
- Device and IP Information: When you access the Service, we automatically receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the internet, in addition to other technical information such as your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system, the name of your ISP or mobile carrier, and the address of a referring site if applicable. We may log this information and analyze it to determine anomalous behavior, detect threats and improve the Service.
- From your interaction with Customer Support: When you contact our customer service team, we may review your user profile. Customer service will collect the information necessary to categorize your questions, respond to them, and, if applicable, investigate and resolve any issue you bring to our attention or that we discover independently. We may also use this information to track potential problems and trends, improve our Service, and customize our support responses to better serve you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you as follows:
- To administer and provide the Service: We use the information we collect to administer and provide the Website and Software Platform to our Users.
- To improve and customize the Service: We continually seek for ways to improve your experience with the Website and Software Platform. As a result, we will analyze data we collect about your use of the Service to inform how we can improve our products, including our software, infrastructure, user interfaces, and integrations with our partners.
- To integrate with Third Parties: To support you and streamline your experience, we may integrate our system with third parties. If you have an independent direct relationship with a third party integrated into our Software Platform, any permissions you may have granted to that third party will govern their use of your data. Otherwise, any third party we use to help provide the Services will not have any independent right to access or use your personal information.
- To communicate with you: We want to help you know how to best take advantage of our Software Platform, especially as we improve and develop new features. We may send messages relating to your use of the Service. We may also send promotional materials so that you are able to take advantage of new or unused features.
- To determine eligibility for certain features: Some features require that we determine eligibility. Prior to being approved to use these features we will collect certain required information about you in conjunction with our banking partners to determine eligibility.
- To operate our business: We use your information to process payments, to monitor and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, to manage our corporate governance, compliance, and auditing practices, and for recruitment purposes (if you submit an application for employment with us via our Website).
- To deter fraudulent or illegal activity: We may validate user information provided to us to detect and deter fraud, other illegal activity, or security issues.
- To analyze and publish anonymized reports: We may analyze aggregate data containing only information about our users that has been anonymized to publish marketing or research reports.
- To work with government agencies, vendors, and service providers: As required to provide the Software Platform we share your information with government agencies and taxing authorities, including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax agencies. We also share your information to our banking partners only as required to provide the Software Platform. As needed we will share information with legal, banking, and financial advisors and our auditors all of which are only permitted to use your information as we allow. We use third party vendors and service providers to provide the Service to you. For example, we use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host the Website and Software Platform in the secure AWS cloud, and, as mentioned above, we also use third parties to help us advertise and market to you. We may also provide some of your information (your email address, for example) to a service provider in order to reach you with an email campaign about a new feature, however, our service providers and vendors have no independent right to use your data. Similarly, our instance in AWS is not accessible to any Amazon employee except at our request and to carry out our instructions.
- To an acquiring entity: If there is a sale of Everee, Inc. (including, without limitation, a merger, stock acquisition, sale of assets or reorganization), or in the event that Everee, Inc. liquidates or dissolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, which could include your information, to the acquiring entity.
- To comply with valid legal process and similar disclosures: We may disclose your information as permitted by law or as reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a legal requirement or process, for example, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- To protect our rights, property, or safety.
Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information: You have the right to access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information. In some cases, information modification or deletion must be coordinated with the employer to ensure compliance and performance of our Software Platform.
Security: We have implemented industry standard administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide. Access to your data on our Service is password-protected, and data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our Service. We also support secure https access to the everee.com website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
As you know, however, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and as a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, technical, or physical safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. We encourage you keep your account safe by using a strong password.
California’s Shine the Light Law: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California’s Do-Not-Track Disclosure: As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (California Business and Professions Code Sections 22575-22579), we note that although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, and have implemented industry standard safeguards as described above, we do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals from your browser at this time due to the lack of a neutral and consistent industry standard. We do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services. However, when we use third-party services, data, and software tools to target advertising to you, these third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services.
The Service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. However, if a child under the age of 13 is a dependent on a benefits plan we may collect information about the child from the child’s parent, or legal guardian, or from insurance carriers and third-party administrators.
You may contact us by mail at:
C/O Everee Privacy Officer
26 South Rio Grande Street, Suite 2072, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
You may also reach us by email at email@example.com.